Who we are
– What makes us stand out –
At Kuungana Bush Lodge we pride ourselves on the beauty of our Bushveld surroundings, providing excellent friendly service and ensuring we build memories with all our clients.
At Kuungana we pride ourselves in;
- in the beauty of our natural Bushveld surroundings and manicured gardens
- Sharing our beautiful venue exclusively with our wedding couple and their guests on the day i.e. we only host one wedding on a day.
- Ensuring we offer value for money while providing excellent personal service
- The quality of our food. Please keep in mind we can create a custom menu for you based on your requirements.
- Being owner managed, one of the owners will be responsible for assisting you in planning and coordination your big day.
- We can assist you with all aspects of your wedding i.e. flowers, wedding cake, photographer, DJ etc. but with no obligation to use our in-house providers
We offer the following facilities at Kuungana (all included as part of your special day)
- *A beautiful chapel that can seat between 40 and 200 guests (up to 250 can be accommodated)
- *Reception hall with separate bar that can host up to 250 banquet guests.
- A private boma with private bar that can host up to 250 guests until the early hours of the morning
- Craft beer & gin on tap in the main venue & boma bar as well as in the Sweet Torque Cafe tap room.
- Various outside areas to host a ceremony, canapés, welcome drinks or the reception.
- 12 Cottages sleeping 24 guests, as well as additional accommodation within a few hundred metres from Kuungana
– Michelle & Hendrich –
Owner managed by Michelle & Hendrich Janse van Rensburg, Kuungana Bush Lodge – previously known as Owls Nest – has been operating for more than 20 years. Michelle has extensive experience in the hospitality industry having worked in various management rolls – including event planner & organizer – in lodges across South Africa, including the Kruger National Park. Hendrich has 20 years experience in the financial services industry as well as 5 years in catering. In 2012 Hendrich & Michelle started a fresh meal delivery service, that they build up to a very successful and well-known business in Pretoria & Centurion. With more than 30 years combined experience in event planning, organizing & catering we will work with you to make your dream event a reality.
We look forward to sharing our beautiful venue with you